September 28, 2019
Review about The Polish Dream Tour by Mary A. Kimball
1. The tour leader , Alec, was excellent. He knew so much information, had a great attitude and was very willing to make sure that I received gluten-free food. In addition, he went out of his way a couple times to make sure that two different couples were able to go to places where ancestors lived or where they had actually lived as children. It was never a problem for the other members of the group as we were all excited that the company would do this for them. It was never far out of the way, but it was very special.
2. I think one thing that the company could do better is give us more details about when we’re having lunch. Also, for provided meals it would be helpful to know how many courses we were going to have.
3. We should get a small map of each city/town that we are visiting in order to navigate on our own. We received for most, but it wasn’t consistent.
4. The above suggestions are very minor in the overall scheme of things. It was an excellent tour and we saw a lot of Poland. Some of the days were very long but I expected that since we were covering so much territory. There were a few times where I might have managed the time a little differently; however, we had a lot of varying interests. I think that everybody’s interests were fairly considered by the tour leader. I would very much recommend this trip to anyone that wants an in-depth introduction to Poland.
5. I worked with Bobby at East-West and was very happy with his attention to my concerns. I had a late change in travel plans and he was able to get me on this trip even though it was officially sold out .